Contact Us Today for Quote!
GET QUICK QUOTE
Protect your family and home from pests
Gold Coast, Tweed Heads and surrounding areas
Richards Pest Control provide a full range of pest control and termite management services to homeowners and businesses across the Gold Coast.
For most of our residential customers, a general pest treatment once a year will keep their home pest-free. Homeowners often combine their pest treatment with a termite inspection to get significant savings whilst protecting their home and family.
For exceptional service and guarantee results, please give us a call.
General pest control treatment
For a general pest treatment to eliminate the common pest problems and keep them away for many months, a general pest control treatment is the way to go. Some people call this a “pest spray”, but it’s much more than that…
- Pests Covered: Ants, cockroaches (excluding German cockroaches), spiders and silverfish
- Areas treated:
- Outside of the building, including doors, windows, other entry points and eaves
- Other outdoor areas: garages, verandas, sheds, outdoor furniture, play equipment, fence lines and letterboxes
- Roof void, wall voids and sub-floor (if present)
- Every room internally – skirtings, architraves, cornices and under kitchen appliances
- Products used:
- sprays to the outside areas
- powders in the roof void and to the wall voids (through weepholes)
- spot treatments to cracks and crevices with spray, dust and gel baits as required
Comprehensive spray around the external perimeter
Spot treatments inside the home
Roof voids are treated
with insecticide powder
For specific ant or German cockroach problems a specialist treatment is required, which can be an add-on to a general pest treatment.
At Richards Pest Control we always think safety first.
Before we do any treatment, we discuss any concerns you may have and inspect the property for potential risks. We only use products with the best safety profiles and only apply products where necessary (we don’t spray everything until it is dripping!). However, it is important to keep children and pets out of treatment areas during application and until any treatment has dried.
If you have a serious infestation of a particular pest it is often a better option for us to carry out a specialist pest treatment to get on top of the problem.
What should you do before, during and after a pest control treatment?
To make sure we can safely apply a complete pest control treatment and to ensure it lasts as long as possible, there are a few things you can do to help…
Before we arrive:
- Clear items away from the perimeter of the building
- Make sure we can access the roof void and sub-floor (if you have one)
- Have a general tidy up so we can check all rooms
- Pack away toys
- Have dogs & cats removed from the property or housed away from the building
- Cover any ponds or fish tanks
During the pest treatment:
Whilst the products we use have an excellent safety profile it is still important to keep all people and pets clear of the treatment area. Whilst you don’t have to leave the house, it is often easier.
After we leave:
Once any spray treatments have dried, people and pets can re-enter the area.
To maximise the duration of protection:
It’s important not to wash any treated surfaces as the treatment will be washed away and the duration of protection will be reduced.
How to prevent a pest infestation…
… and ensure any treatment lasts for as long as possible:
Remove potential food sources for pests:
- Don’t leave dirty dishes out
- Keep the kitchen clean (including under appliances)
- Clear up any food spillages
- Use glass or plastic containers with firm fitting lids to store food
- Don’t leave pet food out
- Put rubbish in sealed garbage bags and place in rubbish bins with fitted lids
Prevent pests entering from outside
- Make sure insect screens are tight fitting
- Fill any holes and cracks in walls and around doors / windows
- Seal around utility entry points
- Use insect grills in weep holes
- Trim back any branches that overhang the roof (important for rodents)
Eliminate potential pest hiding places
- Make sure roof void and sub-floor are clear of stored goods / boxes
- Keep stored goods and any firewood away from the perimeter of the home
- Clear back vegetation in garden beds immediately surrounding the home (or better still have plants in pots on a pebble mulch around the home perimeter)